This post is also available in: Dutch
The first time the foodblogswap was organized I played along, but after that it kind of didn’t happen. Stupid because I love the concept, but as it happens, there are so many things I like that sometimes choices have to be made. But… you guessed it; I will be participating this month!
The blog I got assigned this time is the blog named Kookmeisje (cooking girl) and I have to confess that I didn’t really know her very well. But that is the fun part about the foodblogswap; you discover new blogs and it gives you the opportunity to test out recipes. The funny thing is that her blog reminded me of the one by reismeisje (travel girl) and I thought for a minute they would be related but it doesn’t look that way..
The blog from Anne-Ruth is filled with deliciousness but like I said yesterday I really need to watch my calorie intake for a while so I had no other choice but to look at the salads and skip the ridiculously tasty chocolate meringues with orangecream and rhubarb compote… Life is hard.. The salad is simple to make and I had it for lunch yesterday. Delicious and that dressing is a winner. I will for sure test out some more recipes from kookmeisje but for now I will stick to the salad. Not such a bad thing either right?
- 1 bag of lettuce to choice
- 1 courgette
- 125 gram cherrytomatoes
- 200 gram feta
- 1/3 cucumber
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- some red wine vinegar
- Cut the courgette in thin slices and heat a griddle on high. Brush the courgette slices with some olive oil and gril until they re cooked and have nice grilmarks.
- Put on a plate and leave to cool.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters or halves, Wash the cucumber and cut in half and than in slices
- Make the dressing by combining, mustard honey, oliveoil and a bit of red wine vinegar to taste. Add salt and pepper
- Put the salad in a bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumber, feta and drizzle with some of the dressing