Well no these little dishes do not get any more photogenic than this… It’s just not meant to be… But delicious it is without a doubt. The number one thing to look at for a good guacamole is good avocado. And – for me – that is in a lot of cases the problem because good avocado’s are not always easy to find. The ones you can buy these days in the supermarket; the eat ready ones, are sometimes really too ripe and brownish on the inside… But today was my lucky day… They were beautiful! And ripe! And delicious!… Yay!
So I’ll keep it short this time, because a good guacamole doesn’t need any further introduction. Just be careful you don’t eat it all before you put it on the table. It is just that good!
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into little pieces
- 3 avocado's
- 1 small red onion, chopped very finely
- 1 red chili pepper
- juice of 1 large lime
- handful coriander, chopped, plus a few extra
- tortilla chips to dip and eat away
- Make sure you cut the tomato really very finely and to a pulp on a board. Place into a bowl. Cut the avocado's in half and scoop out the stones. Keep one and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Put all the other ingredients also in the bowl and mash it all together roughly. It's ok to have some chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you don't eat it straight away keep the stone in the bowl, as that will preven the avocado going brown.
- Before serving sprinkle with the coriander leaves and eat away!
Recipe by BBC Good Food
- What to do with your left over cherries! - August 3, 2015
- Sometimes I am just a little bit lucky… ;) - July 31, 2015
- Ceviche and summer time - July 24, 2015
- O no it’s vegan! Quinoa salad with mango - July 17, 2015
- Travel: Workshop foodphotography and styling Londen – the recap - July 2, 2015
This post is also available in: Dutch