I had seen Rainier cherries a couple of times on various foodblogs and had also read that they are not really something easily found in Europe, so when we were shopping for our barbecue the other then at the Hanos, I was pleasantly surprised to see them there! Ofcourse I had to buy them as I had never tried them before and was anxious to find out how they tasted. They weren’t exactly cheap but o my god…. they were so worth it!!
I was initially planning on incorporating them into some kind of dish or dessert but they were just to good so we ate them all as they were… Gone in a blink… 🙂
You still wouldn’t find these in a normal store and I am sure the ones I bought don’t do very well in terms of food miles, but well, you have to indulge every once in a while. The taste is much sweeter then regular cherries and the texture of the fruit is also slightly different. Apart from the obvious colordifference.
They look like mini nectarines!
Does anyone know where they originate from? I believe I read somewhere that they are grown in the US, but I’m not entirely sure if I remember that correctly.
I would love to have more of these, but I think the cherry season is probably also coming to an end and it was the first time I had seen them there anyway. It’s a specialty store for restaurants etc. so not a regular store.
And what happened to me last week is that I received an award simultaneously from two of blogger friends! How fun is that…! It’s the creative Blogger Award and I received it from Jamie at Life’s a feast and from Missy at Sweet Crumbs. Thanks so much guys!!
And here are the rules of the award
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
So I would like to nominate the following people for the Kreativ Blogger award, because I love reading their blogs and think they are fantastic foodbloggers and foodie-friends.
Lisa from Lisa is Cooking
Sophie from Sophies foodiefiles
Christie and Ian from Coco Bean and me
Olga from Mango and Tomato
Valerie from The chocolate bunny
Esi from Dishing up delights
Reeni from CinnamonSpice and everything nice
And now for the hardest part. Telling you 7 things about myself that you don’t know yet…..
1. I have been a vegetarian for about 2 years when I was in my twenties.
2. When I was young I used to spend every wednesday and saturday on the farm of my friends parents. Milking the cows, feeding the chickens, I even helped with the birth of many calves and little piglets.
3. Between my 25th and 30th year, I moved house about 20 times… and that is a LOT!
4. I have two differently sized thumbs. 🙂 One is short and bulky and the other is long and better looking… It’s genetic, my dad has the same but he has it also on his toes!!
5. I hate brussels sprouts
6. Both Tom and I are huge Buffy the vampire slayer fans… (well, I know it stopped ofcourse…)
7. I’m an aquarius
Well, not sure if those were very enlightening facts, but couldn’t think of anything else… 🙂