Quick puff pastry bites with boursin and asparagus
Easter. For me that is THE holiday that signals the beginning of spring more than anything else. Ofcourse this year Easter is relatively late in the year with end of April but still.. Spring and Easter for me just go together hand in hand. Fun to be off for a few days and the celebrate spring with friends and family. Now I fear that I will not be in the country this Easter, but will instead be celebrating it in Lugano, so maybe not so much fun for Tom (he’s not coming!) but I will eat an extra easter egg for him… 😉
if you are home however and looking for easy and quick dishes to make for an Easter brunch or as an appetizer for your Easter dinner than I have something really good for you.
For this dish I used Boursin Shallot & Chives. It’s a delicious creamcheese but without the garlic. If you do want the garlic than go for the Boursin Garlic & Herbs. I picked the other variant this time, simply because I figured it would go better with the asparagus and the tomatoes and keep it light and fresh. And because the Boursin has so much flavor on it’s own, you don’t need anything else to finish this dish. Ideal for a quick bite if you have guests. I used green asparagus tips because I haven’t cooked them before and wanted to make sure they would be done in the oven in time. Mission accomplised!
if you don’t like asparagus it is also very tasty with just the tomatoes.Print
Puuf pastry bites with boursin and asparagus
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: appetiser
- 1 Boursin Shallot & chives
- 100 gr asparagus tips, cut to fit into the puff pastry if needed
- 100 gr cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 puff pastry squares of 10 x 10 cm, defrosted
- 1 egg, whiskes
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Leave the puff pastry to defrost and cut a line across the edges of about 1 cm wide. Don’t cut all the way through the pastry. brush the edge with the whisked egg and prick holes with a fork in the middle.
- Generously spread the boursin in the middle. Press the asparagus into the cheese and add the tomatoes in randomly.
- Put into the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and the pastry cooked
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this article but all opinions expressed are my own, as is the recipe