You might not know it yet, but yours truly will be on the public radio today; radio 6 specifically. And don’t laugh but until recently I didn’t even know there was a radio 6. Not sure what that tells you about me but hey, that’s life. The show is called Winfrieds Woonkamer (Winfried’s living room) and the broadcast is live tonight between 7 and 9 pm. Phew… They have a culinary guest every day and the guest prepares dinner and that’s what is being talked about (among other things obviously). A few people have gone before me already like Gereon of Gereon’s keuken and I just noticed that Cees Holtkamp was there last week as well. And tonight yours truly.
I’m no hero when it comes to things like that but well, it’s fun to do and also a bit of an honor to be asked I think. Tomorrow Betina from Betty’s Kitchen will be there. We should have gone together. Much better for the nerves to go with someone you know, don’t you think? Anyway; there is not an actual kitchen in the studio so you have to come prepared and think of a meal that can be heated in the studio and eaten. So I decided on a dish that doesn’t need to be heated all; this delicious pasta salad. Tadaaa! And for dessert I will bring blue berry cheesecake… Recipe for that will follow later (and not that is not the one I posted yesterday. Just so you know.)
Ofcourse the salad had to be tested so that’s why you see it here already. It’s lovely and the chorizo is essential as it gives it a salty kick and a bit of crunch too. Bake it nice and crispy (not too hard as happened to me in this test subject) and stir it through the salad at the last minute so it stays crispy. (why is it I always type cripsy?)
Serve with some arugula or another leavy salad of your choice and eat away. Also good for a sidedish during a BBQ for instance!
Pasta salad with chorizo and mascarpone
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 150 gr pasta (I prefer a smaller type of pasta)
- 100 gr sweet green peas
- 150 gr chorizo
- 150 gr chery tomatoes
- 120 gr mascarpone
- 2 tbsp tabasco chipotle
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 or 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 heaped teaspoon of dijon mustard
- handful of arugula
- spring onions
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water, leave to cool
- Chop your chorizo into smaller bits and heat a frying pan on medium. Bake the chorizo until crispy and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes into quarters and put into a large bowl. Add the cooled pasta to the bowl as well.
- Quickly cook your frozen peas until they are thawed, drain, rinse and add to the bowl as well.
- Make a sauce by adding the mascarpone, tabasco chipotle, olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard together and stir well. Taste and add seasoning where needed. I ended up using about 3/4 of the lemon so just check if it's to your taste. When you're ready to serve add the chorizo in and mix it through.
- Plate it up by using a bit of arugula, put the salad on top, sprinkle with some spring onions and parmesan cheese if you want and eat away!