Lemon, thyme and almond cake
I’ve been blogging quite irregularly lately. Sometimes every day, other times once a week or with an interval of a few posts a week. And that is fine I think. Life can sometimes simply get in the way of blogging.. 😉 I am also embarking on another whole30 adventure but I will be sharing all of that and the why and how soon. But not to worry, I still have quite a few delicious non approved recipes lying around that will be shared over the course of the next 30 days. (28 actually as we’re already started)
And I kind of decided to share all the ins- and outs of my whole30 number 4 (!) on Scribbles and Notes but I might decide to still do it here. I mean; it’s a bit silly but on the other hand; I am not sure if anyone is really interested in my health struggle. So I figured keeping it off line at a separate location would work better. That way, if you want to read it you can hop on over there and if you couldn’t care less how it’s going you can just stay here… 🙂 Everyone wins!
Up until now both my English and Dutch blog have been running more or less paralel to each other. Same posts, different language but I do feel I am starting to change that a bit. Case of mixing and matching. O well, time will tell how I am gonna be doing it going forward. But let me know if you prefer one or the other. It might help me in deciding what to do (ok, I know I am insane with three blogs but hey, blogaholic, right?)
Anyway, this cake – which I cannot have right now – is totally delicious. I love anything lemony and combined with the subtle hint of thyme and the delicious almonds this is one you really want to eat. Or – in my case – make again once the whole30 is over and done!
Almond thyme and orange cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
- 2 lemons
- 125 gram almond flour
- 150 gram self rising flour
- 150 gram butter, at room temperature
- 150 gram sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp almond shaving
- icing sugar
- caketin 25 x 11 cm
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Clean the lemons under warm running water and grate the zest. Add all ingredients except the almond shavings and the icing sugar in a bowl and whisk until a smooth thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the caketin (it will be half full) and smooth with a wet spatula and sprinkle the almonds on top. Bake the cake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes until golden and done.
- Strinkle with a thin layer of icing sugar.