We’ve been at it for months. Or mostly the wonderful Susana and André who are helping organize all the things for the workshop on location. We could have not done anything without them! For months we have been exchanging emails to finalize all the final details for the workshop in the gorgeous town of Sintra…. But we did it. Everything is set and we’re ready to go!
From now on you can register for the two day workshop foodphotography and styling. Taking place from september 11th till 12th in the scenic town of Sintra (30 minute drive from Lissabon) and it’s gonna be a good one, so make sure you don’t miss it! And what better excuse than this to visit beautiful Portugal? 😉
I will be giving the workshop together with my dear friend and colleague Meeta, from the famous blog What’s for lunch honey. You can find the complete program below. The workshop is international and will be given in English, but we have German, Dutch and Portuguese speakers among us, if that would be necessary..
The location in itself is reason enough for a visit as Sintra is a gorgeous little town and we’re lucky to be in the beautiful Moonhill hostel , Not only will you learn all about foodphotography and styling, but you will – of course – also spend time outdoors, exploring the surroundings, enjoying the wonderful food and in general, have fun!
Registrations can be made through this form.
There is only space for 10 participants so don’t miss it!
Day one – Friday 11th September 2015
- Meet & Greet Introductions with a selection of Portuguese specialities, coffee and tea
- Photography Fundamentals by Simone Mastering the camera & learning the basics (shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc.)
- Photography Techniques by Meeta Natural light techniques; getting a sharp focus; color & texture
- Snacks: Portuguese treats – cakes and sweet / savory delicacies
- Styling Fundamentals by Meeta Composition and placement, creating a mood/atmosphere, the right props, color, texture etc.
- Styling demo with Meeta Free-style Photography/Styling Exercises Guided exercises to warm you up
- Low-light photography by Simone
Low-light/ambient light photography, capturing details, telling a story
- Dinner: Caldo Entornado – A “feasting menu” of Portuguese dishes with a twist Includes on-location photo session
Day two – Saturday 12th September 2015
- Enlightening yourself with Lightroom by Meeta & SImone Workflow, post-processing, watermarking, tagging
- Field trip to a stunning Sintra landmark On-location assignment photo shoot
- Lunch: Picnic in the park Includes assignment photo shoot
- Intensive group work on main photography assignment
- Evaluation, discussion & critique on assignment Constructive feedback, discussion and critique on exercises/assignment
- Finale Aperitifs & Farewell
Further details for the announcement: Ticket price: Euro 650 Included:
- 2 day food styling and photography sessions with experienced tutors Meeta and Simone
- 2-nights accommodation (10th to 12th September)
- Field trip & transportation to the historical Sintra landmark and park
- Friday: Meet & Greet, Lunch, Dinner Saturday: Picnic lunch, aperitifs & canapés
- Snacks and beverages during the workshop
- Workshop material
- Air travel, travel costs to venue, travel insurance
Registrations here: Limited to max 10 participants Payment: Full payment upon registration, no refunds