Donna Hay Challenge #1 – Blueberry yogurt cake
Maybe you think that I really have nothing to do and that’s why I come up with these insane plans to keep myself busy… Because why else would you dream up the next challenge? Because I can? Just because it is fun? It’s not entirely original. because we all know the Julie and Julia phenomena, but for me this is a first and that is all that matters. Plus it’s not a book…
So… what did I come up with this time? I will be cooking ALL recipes from one edition of Donna Hay magazine. In this particular case that means a total of 81 recipes (if I counted it correctly) and I chose edition nr 71 from October/November of last year. Since that features a spring season in Australia I figured timing wise it would kind of match with our current upcoming season. Which seemed appropriate!
I made a list of all the recipes in the magazine and I will also be having a separate category here so you will be able to find them easily if you would want to.
I also officially asked permission from the Donna Hay team as I am planning to mention all recipes here and I figured it was a good idea to check if that was ok to. And they agreed that it would be fine for me to place the recipes (with proper credits ofcourse) so I will try and make a photo of every single recipe I make from the magazine. If I succeed for the full 100% I cannot guarantuee as it is a lot of recipes. And ofcourse, as luck would have it, I picked an edition with a total of 8 chicken recipes. Whole chickens that is… I will be the roasted chicken expert when this is over I am sure! And and there is a whole section with breadpuddings and other deliciousness… But also – thankfully – a lot of healthy recipes.. Which is why I picked this particular edition in the first place.
and so here is recipe number one!
Blueberry yoghurt cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 10 minutes
- 150 gr unsalted butter, melted
- 220 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140 gr Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of finely grated lemonzest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 gr self raising flour
- 125 gr fresh blueberries plus some extra to serve
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemonzest and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine
- Add the flour ad mix everything well. Fold the blueberries through the batter and pour into a caketin of about 22 x 8 x 7 cm which is covered in baking paper/
- Smooth the surface with a spatula and bake the cake for about an hour or until it is cooked through. Test this with a wooden stick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry your cake is done.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes in the tin before turning it over onto a cake rack to cool completely.
- Before serving dust with icing sugar and serve with some extra blueberries
Recipe by Donna Hay