Christmas lunch: Crostini with Boursin and tomatoes
The lunch during the holidays tends to get a little bit left behind or maybe that is just me. It’s breakfast I worry about and than dinner and than, o no, we have to eat lunch as well! To be honest; in a lot of cases breakfast is late and so you might not need a lunch at all, but in case you do, a quick and festive bite is always a winner right? And this particular one is delicious. It won’t look bad as a snack or even as a starter for your dinner.
The secret to this delicious crostini is really the cheese below it, in this case Boursin. I’ve used the version with Garlic and Fine Herbs because I simply love garlic, but if you want a version without the garlic, that is there as well. Also perfect for getting rid of leftover bread you might have from the day before. Quickly roasted in a grillpan, toaster or in the oven, spread with some Boursin and some tomatoes and you’ll have a delicious bite.Print
Crostini with Boursin and tomatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Some slices of baguette or other bread that is not too big
- cherry tomatoes
- Boursin with Garlic and Fine Herbs
- apple vinegar
- Grill your bread for a few minutes until crispy and golden. If you want some more garlic flavor you can cut a garlic clove in half and rub the open side over the warm sandwich. You’ll be surprised how much flavor it gives.
- Cut your tomatoes in quarters and season with pepper and salt. Sprinkle some olive oil over them and some apple vinegar.
- Spread your crostini with the Boursin and top with the tomatoes. Sprinkle some balsamico over the tomatoes and eat straight away