Brussels sprouts salad with pumpkin and feta
I told you last week about all those crappy old pictures right? The ones I found going through my archives. (you should just do that for fun and a good laugh) Another thing I noticed was the sheer number of comments I got on each and every post a couple of years ago. Fifty or sixty comments where maybe not the norm but also not a rare event. These days I am lucky if I get maybe one or two comments and usually from the most faithful commenter ever, Rosa… 🙂 Thanks Rosa! Much appreciated! And maybe one other. We’ve had discussions about this with fellow bloggers. It seems to be a thing of the current time but than again; the people that leave a comment are usually other bloggers. So why do you blog? For other bloggers or for people to come and make your recipes?
Generally I think both. But people that come and make a recipe don’t usually leave a message unless it is a. Christmas or b. a cooking emergency or c. they hated the recipe. Anyone else usually does not leave a message. Bloggers leave messages because they know you love getting them. We all do. So it’s technically a weird process… But regardless; yes, I am just like every other blogger out there; I love getting comments. I try and leave them too but as it goes, that doesn’t always happen as I follow too many blogs. So the commenting is regular at best. Which leads me to ask Rosa; how on earth do you do it? How do you keep track of all those blogs I know you follow?
But for all the ‘lurkers’ out there; I appreciate you visiting my blog just as much and I do hope you make a recipe once in a while that you like so much that you make it again and again and come back for more.
One recipe I’m sure you’re going to like is this recipe with roasted Brussel’s Sprouts, roasted pumpkin and feta. I love the purple Brussels Sprouts but if you can’t find them the green ones will do as well. The purple ones are just prettier!
- 1/2 pumpkin
- 200 gr Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50 gr feta
- 25 gr pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamico vinegar
- juice of 1/2
- 1 tsp honey
- pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- Thinly slice the sprout or use a foodprocessor to do that
- Clean the pumpkin and cut into cubes. Place into a bakingtray and sprinkle with olive oil, pepper and salt. Roast for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Halfway through the baking time of the pumpkin, place the sprouts together with the sesameseeds onto a separate tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, pepper and salt and also put into the oven. The Brussels sprouts take about 10 minutes
- Mix sprouts and pumpkin. Place into bowls and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and the feta.
- Serve with the dressing