And as promised here is the recipe for the cheesecake of last monday. I had fun on the radio.. ;) A little bit nervous too, I will not lie to you, but the nerves were over quite quickly. Upon arrival at the studio’s it turned out that the normal presentor of the show, Winfried Baijens was not gonna be there but the show would be hosted by Sylvana Simons. And secretly I thought that was fun as I know Sylvana (well not personally but I know her from her days working at MTV, ages ago) and I don’t know Winfried. But it also made for a slightly more chaotic show than normal I would think…
But that was all good and it was just fun to experience. Because Tom was there as well I actually have a few pics of the radioshow… The dish of the day was the pasta salad I shared with you earlier and for dessert I made this blue berry cheesecake. I mean; what’s not to love right?
If you’re reading this and not the Dutch side I am assuming you don’t speak Dutch but just in case you do and want to hear the radioshow here is the link
The upper one is the long version as the show is two hours, the bottom one which says video (without much video) is the short 7 minute version!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
For this cheesecake I used a springform of 18 cm. That made the cheesecake relatively high (on the photos we divided them across two different tins, so this one is much lower) and the baking time had to be increased by about 10 minutes. If you use a 20 cm tin 30 minutes should be enough.
For the bottom:
- 220 gr biscuits of your choice
- 100 gr butter
For the filling:
- 600 gr monchou (philadelphia or another creamcheese is also possible ofcourse)
- 180 gr sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 200 gr blueberries
For the topping
- 100 gr mascarpone
- 1 dl double cream
- 20 gr icing sugar
- Some extra blue berries for on top
- Preheat the oven to 150 C
- Line the bottom of your caketin with baking paper. Ground the cookies in a machine or - using a rolling pin - smash them into small pieces (good if you need to get rid of some agression)
- Put the crumbs in a bowl and melt the butter on a low heat. Add the butter to the crumbs and mix it well. Put into the caketin and with the back of a spoon press it into the tin so it gets compact. (if you use a 18 cm tin don't use all of the crumbs as it is slightly too much) While you're working on the rest place the tin in the refrigerator.
- Put the monchou in a large bowl with the sugar and whisk it until smooth. Add the eggs one by one and mix in between until smooth and well combined.
- Stir the blueberries in with a wooden spoon and pour everything into your baking tin. Put into the preheated oven and leave to bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is firm but still a bit wobbly. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely to roomtemperature. Put in the fridge for setting for at least 2-3 hours afterwards.
- For the topping mix the mascarpone and the icing sugar together until smooth. Whisk the cream in another bowl to soft peaks and fold this through the mascarpone
- Divide the mixture over the top of your cheesecake and leave to set for a few hours in the fridge.
- For serving you can add some blue berries on top
- Travel: Workshop foodphotography and styling Londen – the recap - July 2, 2015
- Chicken salad with orange dressing and cherries - June 29, 2015
- Carrot salad with yogurt dressing and dukkah - June 26, 2015
- My New Roots – Sarah Britton - June 21, 2015
- What is a ‘whole30’?? And our results - June 13, 2015
This post is also available in: Dutch